Number of Lessons: 5 New!
Price: US$ 50.00
Tutor: Marilyn Lee
Start Date: 6 October 2017
Weeks Open: 8.5
Enter the wonderful world of free motion embroidery and quilting using your vintage treadle sewing or electric sewing machine. This very comprehensive class covers every aspect of what you need to know to create amazing art the vintage way. By the end of the class, you will have created a stunning handbag that will show off your fabulous new skills.
This workshop is not for embroidery machines or embroidery modules, all embroidery is created free form.
These are the supplies that you will need to successfully free motion embroidery and quilt the vintage way and complete a handbag
• treadle or electric sewing machine
• embroidery thread
• bobbin or serger thread
• 8 or 10 inch wooden embroidery hoop
• 1 inch cotton fabric strips to wrap your hoop
• thread stand
• cotton practice fabric
• fabric, preferably a solid color for your embroidery project
• embroidery darning foot to fit your machine(for quilting)
• black ink illustration/design for pattern
• tissue paper
• plastic template sheet(optional)
• internet connection
• four key chain rings
• lining fabric for handbag
• hand sewing needle